How Long Will My Teeth Be Sensitive after Zoom Teeth Whitening?
So, have you done your Zoom Teeth Whitening? Wow…. You can enjoy a great whiter smile now! But you may experience sensitivity right after treatment, and the good news is that this sensitivity is temporary; it may last only for the first few days. Even though the sensitivity lasts only for a few days, it can cause some discomfort to you. In this blog, the board-certified dentists in Dubai share the causes of sensitivity after the teeth whitening treatment and tips to minimize the sensitivity after the treatment.
What Causes Teeth Sensitivity after the Treatment?
You could experience sensitivity following a teeth-whitening procedure for several reasons. These consist of:
- Whitening gels temporarily increase the permeability of your tooth enamel, revealing the sensitive dentin layer that houses the nerves in your teeth.
- Your teeth may experience stresses from some teeth whitening trays that could temporarily make them sensitive.
- The bleaching gels used in the teeth whitening process come in contact with your gum, and this causes irritation and makes your teeth sensitive.
Tips to Minimize Teeth Sensitivity after the Teeth-Whitening Treatment
Are you suffering from tooth sensitivity? Here are the few steps to be followed after the teeth whitening treatment to shorten the duration and intensity of the sensitivity you experience.
- After the teeth whitening treatment, your teeth will be sensitive during the first 1-2 days. So, try to avoid hot and cold foods and drinks – instead, eat and drink foods and other beverages at room temperature.
- Don’t take any acidic foods or drinks such as sodas and citrus fruits, as they can irritate your mouth and increase your sensitivity level.
- Discuss your dentist and use desensitizing toothpaste. Applying a desensitizing gel for the first 48 hours after having your teeth whitening treatment may help you cope with any sensitivity issue you experience.
- For the first days after the treatment, gently brush your teeth using a soft-bristled brush and rinse your mouth with lukewarm water, as it will help minimize sensitivity.
- Use fluoride-contained toothpaste and mouthwashes, as they may aid in blocking pain impulses that reach your mouth nerves.
- For the first 2 days after the teeth whitening treatment, drink via a straw to prevent liquid from coming into touch with your teeth, which might lessen discomfort following a teeth-whitening procedure.
Are you looking to get teeth whitening treatment? Schedule your appointment with our dentists in Dubai to get the tips followed before and after getting the treatment.